Expert Local AC Maintenance Servicesin Ijamsville, Frederick, MD & Surrounding AreasFamily-owned since 2005
Your home’s HVAC system is an essential piece of equipment that you depend on to deliver comfortable conditions. Taking care of it is vital to its effectiveness and efficiency. The NATE-certified comfort specialists at Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. have the training, experience and tools needed to ensure your HVAC system works for and not against you. We’re a Trane Comfort Specialist that services all makes and models.
Sign Up for Our Comfort Club Maintenance Savings Plan
HVAC maintenance should be at the forefront of every homeowner’s mind. Signing up for our Comfort Club Maintenance Savings Plan is a surefire way to safeguard your comfort, keep your energy bills under control and reduce your carbon footprint. Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. provides our maintenance customers these benefits:
Comfort Club Savings Plan Benefits
- 15-percent discount on all service repairs
- Never pay an overtime fee (no matter what time of day)
- Priority customer service (move ahead of non-priority customers immediately)
- 5-year warranty on all service repairs (excludes compressors, heat exchangers, refrigerant, variable speed motors and coils)
- Lower operating costs (well-maintained HVAC systems uses less energy)
- Increased system capacity (restores equipment to as close to factory fresh specifications as possible)
- Improved comfort (a clean indoor coil on an AC system tends to remove moisture better, which makes your home feel more comfortable)
- Longer equipment life (well-maintained HVAC systems lasts longer)
- Reduced equipment runtime (the less your HVAC system runs, the more money you save)
- Transferable to another location or to the new homeowner
- Fewer breakdowns (well-maintained HVAC systems require fewer costly repairs)
- Safer system (well-maintained HVAC systems are safer to operate)
Choose Our Team for Your Heating and Cooling Maintenance Inspections
Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. performs drug tests and background checks on all our employees. We maintain a clean, professional and alcohol-free work environment. Customers continue to choose us over our competitors because:
- We provide upfront flat-rate prices and honest diagnosis.
- We’re a family-owned company that has a good reputation.
- We always make things right if someone is unhappy.
- We won’t sell you something you don’t need.
- We give our customers a satisfaction guarantee.
- We offer 24-hour scheduling assistance.
- CONDENSER COIL will be cleaned as required. VALUE TO YOU - Obstructed condenser coils raise refrigerant pressure, increasing your electrical bill and reducing reliability.
- EVAPORATOR COIL will be inspected.VALUE TO YOU - Evaporator coils become dirty because air filters only collect a portion of the particles in the air. Even a small amount of dirt can decrease efficiency, increase operating costs, and lead to compressor failure.
- BLOWER WHEELS will be inspected.VALUE TO YOU - Dirty blower wheels reduce air flow, causing longer operating time, reduced comfort and increased cost. This problem can also lead to compressor failure.
- REFRIGERANT CHARGE checked as required.VALUE TO YOU - A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs. An improper charge is a leading cause of discomfort.
- AIR FILTER will be replaced at customer's option. VALUE TO YOU - A restricted air filter wastes energy and shortens system life.
- THERMOSTAT will be checked and calibrated as required. VALUE TO YOU - Improperly calibrated thermostats allow the unit to run longer than necessary. Every degree your air conditioning operates below 78 degrees can add 5 to 8% to the cost of cooling.
- CONTROLS & SAFETIES will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Controls and safeties that do not function properly can increase operation cost and cause entire system to fail.
- MOTORS will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty motors use more energy and will fail sooner.
- CAPACITORS will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - Bad capacitors cause compressor and motor to fail.
- CONDENSATE DRAIN will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - Algae can plug a condensate drain which can lead to expensive water damage.
- CRANKCASE HEATER will be operational checked. VALUE TO YOU - An inoperative crankcase heater can cause a compressor failure.
- RELAYS AND CONTACTORS will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Worn contacts and loose wire connections can lead to a motor or compressor failure.
- UNIT DISCONNECT will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - A worn or over heated disconnect blows fuses and trips circuit breakers.
- 4D UNIT WIRING connections tightened as required. VALUE TO YOU - Loose connections can lead to a motor failure, compressor failure or fire.
- TEMPERATURES AND PRESSURES will be taken and recorded. VALUE TO YOU - An accurate record of your equipment's vital data can indicate potential problems, which can be eliminated.
- DUCT WORK will be checked for leaks and proper insulation as required.VALUE TO YOU - Duct leaks may exist from the time it was installed, and insulation can fall off. Un-repaired duct work problems can increase operating costs by 30% or more.
- DISCUSS INSPECTION FINDINGS VALUE TO YOU - Learn ways to make your home more comfortable.
- CONDENSER COIL will be cleaned as required. VALUE TO YOU - Heat exchangers can develop cracks with age. If they exist, there is a risk of serious illness from the toxic fumes emitted.
- COMBUSTION AIR openings will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - Flue pipe leaks allow carbon monoxide to escape into the home.
- FLUE PIPE will be inspected. description
- BURNERS will be cleaned as required. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty burners cause poor combustion and excessive gas bills.
- FAN SWITCH will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - A fan switch that is not properly adjusted wastes energy, reduces comfort and causes nuisance fan cycling.
- SAFETY CONTROLS will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Safety controls that do not operate can cause dangerous problems.
- GAS LINE will be leak checked from the furnace VALUE TO YOU - Undetected leaks are dangerous.
- SECURE ALL PANELS VALUE TO YOU - Loose panels can increase operating costs and cause carbon monoxide to be drawn from combustion chamber.
- THERMOSTAT will be checked and calibrated as VALUE TO YOU - Defective or improperly calibrated thermostats affect comfort and operating cost.
- TEMPERATURES and PERFORMANCE will be recorded VALUE TO YOU - An accurate record of vital data can indicate potential problems, which can be immediately eliminated.
HVAC Repair and Installation SpecialsView Specials
Our Latest News
Why Is My Air Conditioner Using More Electricity?May 5, 2023Read More
We Proudly Serve the Following Areas
- Adamstown, MD
- Braddock Heights, MD
- Brunswick, MD
- Buckeystown, MD
- Burkittsville, MD
- Clarksburg, MD
- Damascus, MD
- Emmitsburg, MD
- Frederick, MD
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Germantown, MD
- Ijamsville, MD
- Jefferson, MD
- Keymar, MD
- Knoxville, MD
- Ladiesburg, MD
- Libertytown, MD
- Middletown, MD
- Monrovia, MD
- Mount Airy, MD
- Myersville, MD
- New Market, MD
- New Windsor, MD
- Point Of Rocks, MD
- Poolesville, MD
- Rocky Ridge, MD
- Sabillasville, MD
- Smithsburg, MD
- Spring Ridge, MD
- Sykesville, MD
- Taneytown, MD
- Thurmont, MD
- Tuscarora, MD
- Union Bridge, MD
- Unionville, MD
- Urbana, MD
- Walkersville, MD
- West Friendship, MD
- Westminster, MD
- Woodsboro, MD