Cut Energy Costs this Winter with the Help of Our Frederick County Heating Maintenance Specialists
Do you know the best time to call Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. to schedule a check-up for your furnace or central heating system? Most homeowners think about call us for service as soon as winter arrives; but it’s actually better to schedule your Frederick County heating maintenance service before it is freezing outside.
Here are some tips from our Frederick County heating maintenance experts at Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. for ways you can help improve the efficiency of your heating system and potentially lower your energy bills:
- Remove obstacles. Keeping clutter near your furnace is a fire hazard and may keep your system from operating efficiently.
- Clean vents and registers. To make sure your heating system is in top condition, keep the heating registers and vents throughout the house free of dirt, dust, and pet hair by vacuuming them at least once every year.
- Reverse ceiling fans. During the winter, set any ceiling fans in your home to their slowest speed and reverse the circulation to gently push warm air down from the ceiling without generating a breeze. (There is typically a button or switch on the ceiling fan that will make the blades turn in the opposite direction.)
- Use caulk and weather stripping. Making sure there are no drafty doors, windows, chimneys, or other areas of your home where air might escape is a great way to lower energy costs and make your home more energy efficient. Be sure to look out for cracked or broken shingles, crumbling grout, and worn or torn vapor barriers, too. This issues can also take away from indoor comfort by letting in moisture or taking away heated air.
- Take advantage of the sun. In the winter, open the blinds and drapes to take advantage of the heat the sun produces, but close them at night to help block cold air.
And remember, at Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. we make it easy to keep your Frederick County heating system in tip-top shape. We provide both seasonal service and precautionary heating maintenance services to help you:
- Extend the life of your heating system
- Improve energy efficiency of your heating system and home
- Save money on heating repairs and energy costs
- Have peace of mind
From checking for carbon monoxide to doing a thorough inspection of the heating unit inside and out, you can rely on our heating maintenance professionals to help you secure the energy efficiency and longevity of your heating system. Get started today – call Eric Smock Heating & Air Conditioning, your Frederick County heating contractor, to schedule a check-up for your furnace today.